Phone interferes with broadband?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by abhi.kris » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:31 pm
Has anyone else seen this? I have a filter installed between the jack and the phone and the modem. But looks like the phone was interfering severely with the broadband so much so that it was dropping the connection regularly. Sonic apparently doesn't replace the phone (it was the same phone that shipped with the modem). I just want to know is this unusual or what?

Would like to use the phone too but not at the cost losing the broadband connection... I'd rather not spring for a new phone either but may not have a choice. Any ideas?
by virtualmike » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:34 pm
Try changing the filter into which the phone is plugged. Filters tend to be the first thing that goes bad.
by abhi.kris » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:10 pm
Yup suspected as much and worked with the Sonic tech to isolate the problem. Turned out that it was actually the phone. Very strange. He was surprised too.
by dane » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:48 pm
abhi.kris wrote:Yup suspected as much and worked with the Sonic tech to isolate the problem. Turned out that it was actually the phone. Very strange. He was surprised too.
Was the issue caused by the black Uniden phone that we supplied with your new service?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by abhi.kris » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:34 am
dane wrote:
abhi.kris wrote:Yup suspected as much and worked with the Sonic tech to isolate the problem. Turned out that it was actually the phone. Very strange. He was surprised too.
Was the issue caused by the black Uniden phone that we supplied with your new service?
dane, yes it was indeed the black uniden phone I received from sonic. I have permanently disconnected the phone now and the service uptime has definitely improved though there are still the occasional disconnections but I put that down to the issues I'm having with the line into my house presumably.
by dane » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:12 am
abhi.kris wrote:
dane wrote:
dane, yes it was indeed the black uniden phone I received from sonic. I have permanently disconnected the phone now and the service uptime has definitely improved though there are still the occasional disconnections but I put that down to the issues I'm having with the line into my house presumably.
Handsets can cause issues. We see this more often with older equipment, but sometimes it's an issue with cheap equipment. The basic wired phone that we provide with some new orders IS really cheap, designed mostly as a wired phone in a pinch for 911, and/or for testing of your voice service at the network interface/MPOE at the side of the house. It's a pretty poor substitute for a higher quality wired phone for day to day use.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1