Slow, intermittent Internet connection + noise on phone

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by bromo78 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:31 am
This happened about 6 weeks ago and I haven't had one issue since that time.
My internet connection will slow and/or disconnect and the phone line will have a lot of noise on it and no dial tone , sometimes the off-hook tone.

I thought it was due to the rain but it has rained pretty frequently in the last 6 weeks here.I'm not sure if it's isolated to my house or in the area. It's my wife's account so I sent sonic an email this morning but not response yet.

I checked the NID box but there is no jack , its all wiring.

Anyone having the same issues or have any advice.

BTW I'm in East Santa Rosa in the SRJC/McDonald area.
by amayfield » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:39 am
I'm sorry for the connectivity and voice issues you've been experiencing. I've taken a look at your account and there is a significant fault on the line somewhere. The fault can exist on the outside lines, on your internal wiring or be caused by a device plugged into your phone jack(s). Since you're experiencing intermittent dial tone I want to dispatch a technician as soon as possible, would it be possible for you to PM me a good contact phone number for you and whether or not that phone box is publicly accessible?
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by al5963 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:00 pm
I had this happen a few weeks ago with the same symptoms. Mine was an external issue and they had to roll at&t out, and then at&t took a few tires to work it out. I'm not certain about your area, but in mine, all the wires are outside and are subject to weather. Rainy days-noise and off-hook tone, then there's a rain break and everything would work fine again. The ends of the copper wire can corrode and cause noise.

Another time, I sourced my issue to a bad DSL filter. You can try to disconnect all the other phones in the house and test the jacks one at a time.

Good luck!
Alan
3 posts Page 1 of 1