Fttn, it's a phone it should just work.

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by billb » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:14 pm
I have the FTTN service as time goes by, a month, a month and a half my internet speed decreases back to DSL speeds. I reset the modem and the ATA and things go back to normal. The gripe is the phone can take an hour to come back on. Device not registered is the word of the day. Why? Searches tell me it should be back in a few minutes.

I'm not expecting an answer I just want to bitch. Phones used to be the most reliable thing in the world next to death and taxes. I live in a saddle between two hills and cell service depends on where you are standing. I just want my phone to work.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this. Now I feel better.

Bill
by dherr » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:03 am
I think quickest way to have the phone back is to power cycle the ATA just *after* the modem is fully finished with rebooting such that the internet is working again. Otherwise I guess the ATA tries and then waits.
by goetsch » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:44 am
billb wrote:The gripe is the phone can take an hour to come back on. Device not registered is the word of the day. Why? Searches tell me it should be back in a few minutes.
While I don't have the overall loss-of-speed problem, I do also suffer from the ATA taking forever to come back online after a restart. Fortunately it isn't a full hour here; rather, it takes exactly 31 minutes from restarting the device (with- or without restarting the gateway, makes no difference) to having the magical fourth LED lit up and actual phone service available again. I've worked with Support, the Network people, and just about everybody else this side of psychics and seers, but to no avail. If you ever figure out what's up, I'd love to hear it. But don't phone, 'cause who knows whether the ATA will be up and connected when you call....
by Guest » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:04 pm
Fortunately I don't have this problem. I just upgraded my firewall and my ATA came back online in less than a minute or so. I thought the ATA was stuck by the left-most LED (LEDs facing up) flashing but that wasn't the case--we had a voice mail.
by billb@sonic.net » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:42 pm
Power was off for two hours. 1/2 hour after the power came on phone still does not work. Internet speeds 60% of normal so time to restart modem but I'll wait on the ata restart.
by billb@sonic.net » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:50 pm
Reset modem speed went up to normal and phone came back on, sigh.
6 posts Page 1 of 1