Email

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by New » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:52 pm
Hello,
i just placed the order and sonic created me an email account based on my username.
Does sonic offers email alias like iCloud email?
by virtualmike » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:16 pm
I don't know what iCloud email aliases are, but depending on the type of account you have, you may get multiple email addresses. If so, you can create another address that's more to your liking. Just continue to monitor the original mailbox (or forward it to the new one), as that's the one Sonic will use to send you account information.
by dherr » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:05 am
And to show the naming rules, here is what I see when looking at "Member Tools / Email / Manage Mailboxes"...

(I have Fusion FTTN X1 plus simple $1.95 per month hosting for two domains. I don't know what parts give what number of mailboxes)

Your account entitles you 18 mailboxes at no extra charge
You currently have 2 mailboxes (in addition to the email address xxxx@sonic.net)
If you need additional mailboxes, they can be purchased in groups of 4. You will be charged per group when you add the first mailbox of a group. Each group costs $4.00 per month.

To create a new mailbox, type in the login name as you would like it to appear (i.e. name is the login name that you type in, and name@sonic.net will be the email address.) Login names can be a maximum of 24 characters long, must start with a letter, and can contain letters, numbers, '-' and '_'.

To change the password for, or remove a mailbox, please select the mailbox you want to change from the following list.
by virtualmike » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:11 pm
dherr wrote:(I have Fusion FTTN X1 plus simple $1.95 per month hosting for two domains. I don't know what parts give what number of mailboxes)

Your account entitles you 18 mailboxes at no extra charge
Hmmm... I have Direct Fusion X2 with DNS service for one domain, and I see:

Your account entitles you 14 mailboxes at no extra charge

It would be nice to know how the number of mailboxes is calculated.
4 posts Page 1 of 1