Connecting ATA to OpenHouse Telephone Expansion Hub?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:45 am
Has anyone had experience connecting the FTTN ATA to an OpenHouse H618 telephone expansion hub? The hub I have has an RJ45 connector and I assume the ATA is RJ11. I see some generic adapter cables between the two connectors available but I'm unsure whether the wiring matches what is expected by the hub that I have. Thanks!

-Kevin
by wa2ibm » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:51 pm
The RJ-45 connectors on the hub are simply for expanding one hub to another. The hub has connections for four pairs, which can be extended to another set of punch downs on the next hub. The RJ-45 provides the 4 pairs.

You will need to use an RJ-11 connector with a twisted pair on the other end to attach to one of the punch-downs on the hub. Then attach other house pairs to the other punch-downs on the hub. If you have multiple pairs in your house wiring, then use the additional pairs on the punch-downs. They're simply bridged across each punch-down block. Never put more than one wire into a single punch-down location.
by Kevin Postlewaite » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:44 pm
Good idea- I hadn't thought about that.

Thanks!

-Kevin
3 posts Page 1 of 1