Connectivity issues

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
24 posts Page 3 of 3
by insane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:56 am
Yeah it has been interesting. I got a call from Support saying AT&T fixed something outside and now there should be dial tone or something? Which is weird since I don't use my actual land line at all. I told Sonic that. So I am wondering if the supposed issue was with the voice line and not my internet line. I tried calling Sonic support back to let them know after a couple of days (after the day I decided to not wait on hold anymore), and apparently support was done for something else. My timing is the worst I guess?

However other than the internet going down briefly the day AT&T came to check the line and left me a voice mail, I haven't had any connection issues. Basically I haven't had connection issues since I have changed my DNS servers off the default Sonic ones.

As previously mentioned my neighbor/friend across the street also got Sonic following in my footsteps. There are quite a few people with Sonic here if the business cards attached to lines in terminal room are any indication.

-insane
by amayfield » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:02 am
The DSL signal and dial tone exist on the same physical copper pair, just on different frequencies. So a fault that affects dial tone will, in most cases, affect internet as well. The reason that the technician that left you a voicemail referenced dial tone is because we opened the trouble ticket for no dial tone. I'm glad to hear your internet has been steady.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by halocon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:36 pm
I've also been having connectivity issues on my Fusion x2 line since Thursday night where I wouldn't be able to resolve to anything. I called Sonic and they said it was because I have a short/ground on my second data line so they temporarily disconnected my second data line from their end. ATT tech came out to take a look and they say the lines from ATT are fine so it must be a problem with the lines in the house. I asked the ATT tech how this could happen all of a sudden and he said "it's "normal wear and tear." I'm waiting on a Sonic tech to come out to take a look. According to the ATT tech, this is not a modem issue either but Sonic sent me a replacement modem just to rule that out. So, from everyone else's experience, does this sound like a line problem within my house?
by pockyken007 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:57 pm
halocon wrote:I've also been having connectivity issues on my Fusion x2 line since Thursday night where I wouldn't be able to resolve to anything. I called Sonic and they said it was because I have a short/ground on my second data line so they temporarily disconnected my second data line from their end. ATT tech came out to take a look and they say the lines from ATT are fine so it must be a problem with the lines in the house. I asked the ATT tech how this could happen all of a sudden and he said "it's "normal wear and tear." I'm waiting on a Sonic tech to come out to take a look. According to the ATT tech, this is not a modem issue either but Sonic sent me a replacement modem just to rule that out. So, from everyone else's experience, does this sound like a line problem within my house?

it could be , it could as well be something else the easiest way top determine inside / outside wiring issues is to do the MPOE test where you plug in directly into the DMARK box skipping inside wiring all together that way if errors / isues persists you just narrowed it down . Said that based on your description and no real troubleshooting it's hard to tell what the issue is .
24 posts Page 3 of 3