Pace vs Windows 10

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by larrysteinke » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:30 pm
I have numerous devices and access to numerous networks and think I have isolated my frustrations with home internet to the following situation.

"I cannot connect wirelessly to the Pace Plc 4111N-030 device from my Lenovo Yoga running (recently upgraded) Windows 10. The wlan adapter shows as "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260"

This is quite frustrating. I can connect to any other wi-fi network that I've encountered and have resorted to using my cell phone hotspot.

What have I done to troubleshoot?
1. tested multiple devices. This is the only one that has issues with the Pace
2. tested mutliple networks. This laptop works fine everywhere else.
3. swapped out the PACE for the ZTE that I used originally. Unfortunately, that device has weaker wi-fi so some areas of my home lose wifi if I use that. The laptop will work fine with that DSL router/modem, however.
4. Tried disableing various wifi modes (a/b/g, etc) to see if I could simplify the connection options. That did not help.
5. Changed encryption settings from wpa2-psk to wpa-psk(tkip/aes) and wep-shared. That did not help.
6. I have (using the old modem) checked the Lenovo sight and there are no newer drivers.
7. I have deleted the wireless network device from my laptop and let windows rediscover it. For a brief moment I believe I was connected but when I tested it again today there was no improvement in the situation.

Basically, I have very expensive paperweight and would deeply appreciate any insight anyone might have.

Sonic, is there anything you can do? (different modem?)
by miken » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:45 pm
Hi! Sorry to hear that you are having troubles. Windows 10 has had some really weird issues when it comes to network adapters. The first thing I would try is re-installing your network adapter's drivers from the manufacturer's website. Even though the driver listed on the website is the same as what you currently have installed, this solution has gotten many people back up and running.

If that doesn't work, then another possible solution is to add your adapter's Mac address into the Pace's exception list. If you need any further assistance feel free to give us a quick call at (707)547-3400. We are here 8AM-10PM every day of the week.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by pockyken007 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:41 am
I had the same issue happen to me and what helped is registering the MAC address in the Pace exception ( I have also reloaded the drivers as well while registering the MAC so not sure what solved my problem but one or the other made my laptop wifi work again )
by adame » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:27 pm
larrysteinke wrote:"I cannot connect wirelessly to the Pace Plc 4111N-030 device from my Lenovo Yoga running (recently upgraded) Windows 10. The wlan adapter shows as "Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260"
I'm sorry to hear about these wireless problems. Are you able to see the network consistently but just not connect? Are you able to join the network but not surf? Are you able to surf intermittently but experience frequent drops? It looks like all of these symptoms have been reported by Windows 10 users with this wireless adapter.

The problem that most closely matched your hardware was Yoga 2 users, after upgrading to Windows 10, could not detect the wireless network if they had had the Cisco VPN Client installed beforehand. It doesn't exactly fit, because you're telling me that the device can see other networks, correct? Here's the Microsoft article with the fix, but it sounds like we may need more details: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by pockyken007 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:49 am
If you haven't tried it yet reload your network drivers , it was reported by a few users as a fix to their problems after upgrading to win 10
5 posts Page 1 of 1