Security DVR Issue

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by lkaloti408 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:24 pm
Hi,

I just got Sonic FTTN service with a Pace 5268AC gateway. I used to have ATT Uverse with a Pace 5031NV.

I have a Lorex security camera DVR with a DDNS service to allow remote access to the DVR since my external IP is dynamic. The DDNS service used to allow me to access the DVR on my phone while on the same network as the DVR but the new gateway does not allow me. If I turn off wifi I can connect to the DVR. After doing some research I found the link below. Is there any way to get rid of this restriction? Thanks in advance!

"The router is blocking DDNS connection from internal network. Some routers will block this type of connection. Turn off your WiFi connection and attempt to connect to the system's DDNS address using your 3G or mobile network."
https://www.lorextechnology.com/support ... de/6100032
by dherr » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:58 am
It sounds like it might be a case of “Hairpinning” not working.

While on the internal network you can try getting to it using the LAN address of the DVR, likely something in the 192.168.x.x network.

But I thought the Pace 5031NV also suffered from this issue, so if this is new then maybe it is Wifi isolation instead. In this case it is the router separating the LAN and the WLAN. It is possible that there is a setting to fix this, but if not then it might take "passthru", "DMZ+" or "Bridging"; whatever is used with the Pace 5268AC to allow you to use a second router behind your gateway.
by adame » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:06 pm
lkaloti408 wrote:The router is blocking DDNS connection from internal network. Some routers will block this type of connection. Turn off your WiFi connection and attempt to connect to the system's DDNS address using your 3G or mobile network
I can say with certainty that the 5268 allows DDNS traffic by default. In fact, if you browse to the gateway at http://192.168.1.254, and go to Settings > Broadband, there may be a DDNS section you can use to configure your DVR's DDNS.

If you haven't tried re-setting up the DDNS software in the DVR after switching from the 5031 to the 5268 as well, I'd try that first.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by lkaloti408 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:27 pm
Thanks for your response.

The DDNS definitely works because when I logged in to the lorex DDNS site the IP address was automatically updated. I redid the DDNS but that didnt fix the issue. I looked on the settings > Broadband page but didnt see anything for DDNS.
4 posts Page 1 of 1