high international call rates

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by tab7 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:58 pm
Hi,

I've been looking @ the Sonic offering of the Fusion plan. I like the alternative to the big companies, but the international rates of the Fusion is way too high (like the rates in the 90's) and that's what's been keeping me from switching over.

I'm looking @ the rates in Asia e.g. China 0.134/min. HK 0.084/min. I can easily get rates like 0.022/min for these locations thru' Skype. Right now I am w/ ATT and I use TCI for LD and I get 0.034/min.

Does Sonic have any plan to make these rates more in line w/ the competitors, or not at all? Is there an option to select another 3rd party provider for international calls like TCI since I really don't want to pay these hefty international rates?

Thx.
by dane » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:06 pm
We wrote on this topic some time ago, here:
https://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2011/02/26/h ... ing-rates/

Rates have improved somewhat since then, and are about to drop again - and we're expanding the list of countries that are free under the Borderless Calling program too. The goal is for calling to most international fixed lines to become free as we continue to expand.

Meanwhile, you can certainly use Skype, or an alternative long distance provider by using a prepaid calling card which has a toll free access line.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Jason » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:10 am
Hi Dane,

We talked about including Taiwan several years ago so I would like revisit the progress. Could you please let us know how much longer it may take?

Thanks.
by guest » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:10 am
dane wrote:We wrote on this topic some time ago, here:
https://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2011/02/26/h ... ing-rates/

Rates have improved somewhat since then, and are about to drop again - and we're expanding the list of countries that are free under the Borderless Calling program too. The goal is for calling to most international fixed lines to become free as we continue to expand.

Meanwhile, you can certainly use Skype, or an alternative long distance provider by using a prepaid calling card which has a toll free access line.
The link for international rates seems dead--it defaults to the Sonic home page. Can you update that, please?
by jnurthen » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:51 pm
5 posts Page 1 of 1