Wifi slow to/doesn't connect on Mac

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by bartgrantham » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:46 pm
When I open my laptop (late 2013 Macbook, Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 chipset) and it tries to reconnect to Wifi it either takes a very long time (15-30 seconds) or it gives up. If I turn off Wifi for a few seconds and turn it back on it reconnects almost immediately. This is the only Wifi connection this happens with, and while it does happen to my wife's newer mac, it doesn't happen to either of our two older work laptops (also Macs). Our access point was the one provided by Sonic.net, a Pace 4111N DSL modem.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be happening? Alternatively, can anyone suggest an alternative Wifi AP/DSL modem combination device that I could look into?
by stef » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:04 pm
Hello - did you ever get a response to this? I'm having the same issue, having just switched over to Sonic. Thank you.
by cdrayson » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:54 pm
bartgrantham wrote:When I open my laptop (late 2013 Macbook, Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 chipset) and it tries to reconnect to Wifi it either takes a very long time (15-30 seconds) or it gives up. If I turn off Wifi for a few seconds and turn it back on it reconnects almost immediately. This is the only Wifi connection this happens with, and while it does happen to my wife's newer mac, it doesn't happen to either of our two older work laptops (also Macs). Our access point was the one provided by Sonic.net, a Pace 4111N DSL modem.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be happening? Alternatively, can anyone suggest an alternative Wifi AP/DSL modem combination device that I could look into?
I've got the same laptop, and it connects right away. If you haven't rebooted your computer and router, do that. We use a Linksys router, with the Pace in bridge mode.
by m2m3 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:55 pm
I do know that some routers have had issues with some broadcom chipsets. Sometimes updates solve the problems. Perhaps you can check to see if this particular chipset has any compatibility issues with the chipsets in the router/gateway.
4 posts Page 1 of 1