Fusion x1 instead of x2

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by skallestad » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:07 pm
I wrote to support yesterday evening, but I haven't gotten a response yet. Not sure what the turnaround time is.

I did a self-install on Wednesday. I have fusion x2 dsl, which should be ~40MB.

My modem is only connected to one line. I'm getting ~20MB service.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be trying out a different phone jack? Do I potentially have a wiring issue? Or was I maybe provisioned x1 service instead of x2 service?
by pockyken007 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:13 pm
Does the second line even show up as active and syncin in the modem interface ? ( when you log in to the modem does it even show the 2nd line as active ? )

Also I would suggest calling sonic you will get faster response and they cans ee if the line is up from their end ;)

in the meantime you can do two things , try different jacks , make sure your filter works ( try different filter ) and try hooking up your modem to the MPOE and see if you get better speeds .
by dct » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:30 pm
skallestad wrote:My modem is only connected to one line. I'm getting ~20MB service.
Right now, we're only seeing one line in sync. Both pairs need to be tied down at the jack you're using, since we use the inside pair in addition to the outside pair for the bonded service. If that doesn't help, give us a call so we can get this addressed. At this moment, there aren't any calls on hold, but id you'd like to schedule a more convenient time, you can do so here.
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
by skallestad » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:53 pm
For anybody following along, it's been determined to be a wiring issue with a tech being dispatched at some unknown date in the future (not anytime soon).

I heard wonderful things about Sonic's tech support before signing up for service. So far, my experience is exactly the opposite. They don't answer the phone. They don't respond to email in a timely manner. The only thing they do respond to quickly, it seems, is this message board.

It seems like my experience is not the norm, but I have to tell you I'm really starting to wonder if I want to commit to 12 months given my experience through the first week.

Add on top of the runaround that I'm getting now is that I had to call and remind Sonic about my order when I moved in. They finally got around to shipping my equipment three days later. This is turning out to be exactly the opposite of what I expected.
by pockyken007 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:27 am
They have been backlogged for some time with the new VDSL and FTTN deployments ... which shouldn't be reason for lackluster service in your case on the other hand they are a small company with only so many technicians and backlog means longer waiting queues and sometimes shoddy customer service ... said that I personally never had much of a problem with their CS or their techs over all the years I have been with them ... let's hope this is just a temporary phase while they figure out their processes and procedures
by skallestad » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:40 am
It's not sonic. It's me.

I just moved twice and I'm having a really hard time with it.

It's perfectly reasonable for a wiring issue in my new house to cause a problem with my DSL and it's perfectly reasonable that it will take some time for a tech to come out and fix it. I think my frustration with everything else just spilled over.
by pockyken007 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:52 am
Hopefully you get it resolved to your satisfaction soon :)
by skallestad » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:39 pm
I'm happy to report that Sonic was able to beat their time estimate by a week. Their tech was able to work out a solution without a problem.

I have doubled my internet speed! Woohoo!
by pockyken007 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:28 am
skallestad wrote:I'm happy to report that Sonic was able to beat their time estimate by a week. Their tech was able to work out a solution without a problem.

I have doubled my internet speed! Woohoo!
wow that was fast ;)
by dane » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:44 am
skallestad wrote:It's not sonic. It's me.

I just moved twice and I'm having a really hard time with it.

It's perfectly reasonable for a wiring issue in my new house to cause a problem with my DSL and it's perfectly reasonable that it will take some time for a tech to come out and fix it. I think my frustration with everything else just spilled over.
Thanks for saying this.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
10 posts Page 1 of 1