Under-served and Ignored (Mobile Home Parks)

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by Kent Campbell » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:11 pm
Oh where to begin, the story is simple and common. An area is under-served for what ever reason and it is frustrating for all that live there. The place I live if like this, a Mobile Home Park in south San Jose...there a few here. The thing is, I have to wonder why?

These parks range from the small (say 50 units) to the large (352 units about for mine). The homes are packed in like cattle in a pen, with service running through conduit under ground to each home (to a pedestal). So why hasn't any one taken a look at serving these packed and wanting communities with Fiber or just better copper?

I am curious about why? I mean we have a choice of Comcast or AT&T DSL (All 6Mb/s, no u-verse in the park). Comcast is a nightmare, but sadly one I am considering right now as AT&T is just to slow. And with three kids, two of them with their own computers plus me and my wife with our own...we step on each others toes.

So Dane...or any one else, if your reading this. Why do so many companies ignore these communities so completely?
1 post Page 1 of 1