ADT and VoIP

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by ken_brashear » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:37 pm
I just called ADT to see if my alarm could would with Sonic VoIP. I tried this about a year and they said no. However, this time they said yes. I wonder what, if anything, has changed. Has anybody else switched from Sonic POTS/ADT to Sonic VoIP/ADT successfully? Thanks.
by dct » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:02 pm
I do not believe that this will work unless something has changed on ADT's end. They require VOIP operators to be a MVNF, or a Managed Facility Voice Network, and as far as I am aware, there is not a published list of providers that ADT has made available to the public.

It might be worthwhile to give ADT another call and express your concern, due to their incompatibility with VoIP in the past. In addition to that, alarm systems that utilize a mobile network might be more reliable, such as Frontpoint or Vivint.
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
by Guest » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:44 am
We did this about two months ago and ADT sent out a guy who wired a cellular module to the existing alarm cabinet in the garage, no charge, same rate.
3 posts Page 1 of 1