Is the Pace 4111N that Best Buy sells...

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by soncoman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:08 pm
for $100 the same one that Sonic will lease you for $114 a year? Any issues with it?
by pockyken007 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:52 pm
With the lease sonic provides you with support , truck / tech roll outs etc. with the 100$ from bestbuy you get a box that may or may not work and no / limited support from sonic side since you chose not to use their authorized equipment ...
by soncoman » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:58 am
Looking for a simple answer not a sales pitch...
by johns » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:03 pm
Simple answer I am pretty sure it'll work fine, as long as it doesn't have firmware specific to some other ISP. I was renting one of those from Sonic for a few weeks and I was not happy with it. I had much better connectivity with a TP-Link TD-8817, which only cost about $25. There are security issues with the TP-Link, I believe.

On the other hand, if Sonic support includes security updates on rented equipment that shows up in a timely manner, that would be a big plus for many people. Although I am a longtime fan of Sonic, I don't know anything about their modem firmware upgrade program, or if one even exists.

Johnny
by Guest » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:40 pm
soncoman wrote:Looking for a simple answer not a sales pitch...
Not the same, probably will work.

What kind of potential problems? Try it and let us know.
by pockyken007 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 am
soncoman wrote:Looking for a simple answer not a sales pitch...

It will work once you set it up ... simple enough for you ?
6 posts Page 1 of 1