How do I get Sales to reply to my questions?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by oddhack » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:43 pm
[ Edit: the answer to my question is that yes, posting in the forums turns out to be effective at getting a quick call back from Sales with the information I needed. FTTN order in process. Thanks! ]

I called Sales on Friday and was told I'd get an email back following the staff meeting in the afternoon, but did not. I then sent this message in the form of an email to sales@sonic.net on Saturday, which has also not been replied to, even to the extent of an automatic "we got this". Posting here in the hope that someone at Sonic will see it and reply.

I am interested in understanding what the implications of switching to FTTN would be for my address. I am at

[[ Address elided, PM me ]]

and currently this address has regular Fusion service ([[account ID, not the same that I'm posting this under, elided]]). The distance from the CO is 7445' accord to the prequal tool, and delivered performance is a dismal 3.5 Mbps as measured by Speedtest. The prequal tool offers only the option of Fusion X2, which would only boost performance to a still-dismal 7 Mbps while costing substantially more (the "up to 20 Mbps" language on the qualification page is highly misleading in this case because I *know* what the delivered performance at this distance is, and doubling it doesn't get anywhere near 20 Mbps).

I talked with John Fitzgerald on your team and he preapproved FTTN at this address, even though that's not normally an option you offer customers. I believe that the address should qualify for FTTN up to 45 Mbps, as verified by both AT&T and DSL Extreme's qualification tools.

The questions I'd like answered are:

- What FTTN speed tiers are available at this address? To repeat, I understand that this is not an option you normally offer, but it has been preapproved in my case as a customer retention measure. and I am asking what AT&T can physically provide. If there are any non-FTTN options that would get into the 20 Mbps+ speed range, I'm interested in learning about those as well, but I think FTTN is the only realistic way of getting significant improvements.

- What would the monthly, full-up cost of these service tiers be, including taxes, government fees, equipment rental fees, and any other indirect costs?
1 post Page 1 of 1