FTTN in the outer sunset?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by ericeslinger » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:09 pm
I'm in the outer sunset, just at the edge of the current fiber roll-out (35th ave). While I wait patiently for the FTTH rollout, it seems like I cannot get a FTTN installation. I'd definitely love a speed increase in the time between now and when fiber finally arrives.
by Guest » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:57 pm
You should call tech support, they can check to see you are able to get FTTN. I am on 22nd ave where i can get FTTN although the "check availability" tool shows I am not qualified.
by steelgaze » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:52 am
Depending on how far from the CO you are, they 'suggest' you get x2 instead of FTTN. If you are firm on FTTN over x2 however, I'm sure you could probably get them to override the system.

I'd lean toward FTTN myself because it would be slightly cheaper for me, as I'm more bottom line conscious instead of price per speed units.
by samiam » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:08 pm
I'm thinking about moving to the Sunset area, is there a map showing what areas already have fiber and which are planned?
4 posts Page 1 of 1