Splitter for bonded DSL

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by gandc » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:26 pm
Has anyone seen a splitter box for 2-line bonded DSL? I'm thinking of something like this:

http://wilcominc.com/Item.cfm?ProdID=100

but with two phone line jacks. I.e., I want a box with four jacks
  • * line in (4 wires - 6P4C - RJ14)
    * modem (4 wires - 6P4C - RJ14)
    * phone line 1 (2 wires - 6P2C - RJ11)
    * phone line 2 (2 wires - 6P2C - RJ11)
I've cobbled something together using a couple phone jacks and two inline filters, but it's not pretty (and I'm wondering if it's causing problems on the DSL connection).
by dane » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:14 pm
The solution is probably a standard two line filter/splitter (which splits DSL from voice), (which you could connect to a standard two line phone) then a line one/line two splitter if you're looking for the two voice lines on the inside pair so you can feed two separate phones.

http://www.suttlesolutions.com/catalog/ ... ilter.html

Plus:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E9 ... 2PSMOTGI7W

The second item isn't needed if you've got a typical two line phone, which takes in both lines on one cable right out of the filter/splitter.

BTW, the two line filter/splitter is included with the standard Sonic equipment kit for two line Fusion service.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by sundial » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:05 am
I have Sonic two-line fusion service, in Berkeley. I'm going to move the splitter out to the phone line connection point, and assume I will need two single line splitters, yes? One for each DSL line. I'm going to feed the split/filtered voice signals into the existing house POTS lines, and run the DSL signals to the ZyXel modem.
by gandc » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:04 pm
Turns out I did get one of those Suttle two-line filters in the box with my modem from Sonic. It wasn't really marked as being two-line on the packaging -- guess I should have read the documentation.

I have a phone and a fax machine, so I need two separate phone jacks. Looking at the photo for that splitter on amazon, I think it would block the second jack on the Suttle filter. I ended up getting a wall mount double phone jack and wiring that in.

I'm still getting the "uncancelled echo - suspicious - check phone filters and alarm" message for both lines on the modem status page. At this point, I think I have to blame other wiring for the problem -- either between the building entry point and my office, or somewhere outside the building. If there's really a problem, that is. Maybe that warning message is just incorrect. The new modem has been completely stable so far.

@sundial -- If you got the modem from Sonic, it should have one of those Sutter two-line filters in the box. It looks just like a one-line splitter, except a little bigger. See the link that Dane posted for a photo.
4 posts Page 1 of 1