Can we use our own Router?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:44 am
We are seriously considering switching from Comcast phone and internet to Sonic Fusion. I understand the service is wireless, which is great. I was wondering if we could use our own NetGear75 router or if we had to use the Fusion router.
by dane » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:29 pm
Best bet is to use the router that comes with the service. It'll provide IPv6, is integrated with our support and troubleshooting tools, and also allows you to avoid any fee for truck rolls or inside wire repair.

If you have any wireless coverage issues, you can plug your Netgear in behind it - use Ethernet to another room elsewhere in the house and set it to bridge and use the same SSID and credentials and you can expand your wireless coverage. I've done this at home with the Sonic Fusion router plus two Apple Airport units at opposite ends of the house.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dkenglish7 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:13 pm
So, Dane, can you tell us how to enable IPv6 on the Pace 4111N? Everything else I've seen about IPv6 on these forums says that Pace users have to wait for some firmware upgrade that has been coming "real soon now" for quite a while... Of course, if there was a beta firmware that had that enabled, you as the CEO would probably have it.
3 posts Page 1 of 1