What phones to buy for new Fusion?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:41 am
Rip Van Winkle here. I've never had a modern land-line phone with Caller ID etc - just old POTS cordless phones plus a standalone answering machine. Now I have Sonic Fusion phone service and its time to join the 21st century.

Also - I pretty much ignore my wife's Sprint Samsung Galaxy III but maybe setting it up should be part of the picture.

The Sonic tech who came out to trouble shoot my noisy line pinpointed the cause as obsolete cordless phones that I should replace.

Local Fry's is my preferred vendor, or Amazon, or perhaps a reputable Ebay vendor. Anybody else?

Specs: Base station with three cordless handsets. Including charging bases etc. Don't need an answering machine (I think) but will rely on Sonic Voicemail for that.

What other specs should I include for the phones to get full use of Fusion features?

Finally, what specific model does someone recommend that I can simply pick up at Fry's?

Thanks!
by dane » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:22 pm
I really like the Panasonic DECT 6.0+ cordless system. I can't find one without an answering system integrated, so be sure to turn that off to use Fusion voicemail instead.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:40 pm
Thank you for your advice!

Panasonic DECT 6.0+ features look excellent.

And please pass along thanks to your tech Jordan N, who did a thorough and professional analysis/cleanup of my PacBell-era DSL circuit. It runs 50% faster after his magic.

Panasonic's KX-TG7733S set seems to have all the bells & whistles including cell/Bluetooth link to the handsets. This should be suitable for whatever comes along over several years. $80 at Amazon with 3 handsets.

Again, thanks!
3 posts Page 1 of 1