outgoing fax problem

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by mmatusky » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:59 pm
I tried faxing a 1-page PDF file with a cover sheet, but sonic notified me that the fax did not go through after five transmission attempts. I tried two more times with the same result. The intended recipient told me that for each of my three attempts, the cover page came through but not the PDF document. Is this not uncommon (i.e., should I just keep trying)? Or can something be done?
by cdkeen » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:20 pm
You could try without adding a cover sheet to see if that changes the result.
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
by wa2ibm » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:48 pm
I'm still having problems sending a FAX to a specific number (my insurance company). The last time it worked was last September. I scan a page with my scanner to create a PDF, then try to send it to my insurance company and it fails (after 5 tries). I sent the very same document to my own (real) FAX machine and it works just fine. I can send the same document to my insurance company using my multi-function printer/scanner/FAX machine (HP7680).

I has to be something in the FAX sending sequence that's not working for that specific number. I have no idea what equipment they're using on their end. Check my FAX log for March 3 at 13:02 and 13:08.
by mmatusky » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:12 am
cdkeen wrote:You could try without adding a cover sheet to see if that changes the result.
Good suggestion, but I eventually got the document to the intended recipient (a financial institution) via email after they called to notify me of the repeated receipt of only the cover sheet.

I did try faxing the same cover+PDF to myself and both pages came through just fine. Perhaps the problem lies with my recipient's fax system (e.g., automatically hanging up for some reason before the second page).
4 posts Page 1 of 1