ssh stopped working

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by timhsu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:39 pm
Hi, sorry to ask a noob question here, but I was updating my website using rsync and otherwise experimenting with ssh connections to sh.sonic.net, when I suddenly started getting the following error:

~$ ssh timhsu@sh.sonic.net
ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer

I saw when searching the forums that this is not a new problem, but is there a solution better than "wait until the problem is fixed on the server end"?

Thanks for being patient with a noob.
by timhsu » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:25 pm
Never mind -- I guess this sort of problem goes away? Sorry to clog up the forum....
by joemuller » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:23 pm
Hi Tim,

One place to always check first is our status page at sonicstatus.com - we occasionally have to take systems down briefly for maintenance/updates, so it's possible you may have been trying to transfer files during one of those times. If you'd like us to take a closer look at any issues with sh.sonic.net, I recommend sending an email to shellmaster@sonic.net. Please be sure to include your username, a brief description of the problem, and the rough time/date it most recently occurred.

-- Joe M.
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by timhsu » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:15 pm
Thanks!

Tim
4 posts Page 1 of 1