install wordpress manually

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by roravez » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:04 pm
the one click wordpress install does't give access to the associated database with your phpMyAdmin tool. i deleted the wordpress install and created a new database hoping i could manually reinstall a new wordpress site and tie it to this new database.

this new install now only gives an error--

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /nfs/www/WWW_pages/xxxx/xxxx.com/wp-includes/load.php on line 1095.

can anyone shed some light on this? what i want to do is move a site i have worked on locally to a new install on sonic, where i need access to the database.
by drew.phillips » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:59 am
This is due to the default PHP version being too older for newer WordPress versions to function.

To fix this, add the following code to your .htaccess file so it will use Php5:

Code: Select all

Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php56
AddHandler php-cgi .php
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by roravez » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:22 am
I've seen this come up in other posts. I'm not a developer, so I really don't know what this means, i.e. where is this .htaccess file and how do I add this code to it. I do understand how to work with an ftp agent and can add code with an editor. sorry, new to all of this.
by drew.phillips » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:00 pm
The .htaccess file can be placed in your website's root at /nfs/www/WWW_pages/xxxx/xxxx.com/.htaccess

It would simply be a text file named ".htaccess" with those 2 lines in it. With your FTP client you should be able to navigate there and create a new file and then edit it to add the contents.
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
4 posts Page 1 of 1