help! trying to upload sql files to databases (HAVE NO ACCESS)

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by zoedesig » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:21 am
Hi,
Im trying to migrate our site from an local mamp server to my live wordpress site. Every tutorial i am finding asks me to create a new database in php my admin, but I have no access to edit or upload my sql files to phpmyadmin, I can not even edit the names of my databases or create new ones within phpmyadmin. I feel like this is a problem through sonic, as i have to create a "new database" through the member page before accessing it through php my admin. Please help me find a way to make my site live, we have been working hard on it to get it together and it looks great, this is the last step for us to get our site live.

Thank you
by drew.phillips » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:20 am
That's correct, you cannot create databases through phpMyAdmin or edit the database names once created. You need to first choose a name for your database and add it using our Member Tool which creates the database and a dedicated user for it. Once you've completed these steps you can access it from phpMyAdmin.

After you've logged in to the new database in phpMyAdmin, you can either execute SQL scripts from the SQL tab or use the Import tab to import SQL dumps into the current database.
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
2 posts Page 1 of 1