What happens to a domain registration after sonic service is canceled.

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by Mahera » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:21 am
Hello everyone.

Does anyone know what happens if I have a domain registered with sonic to get the "free" hosting and cancel sonic service within this free first year?

Will the domain be active till the end of the year?

I am sure the "free" hosting will be void but what happens to the domain? Is it still free till the end of the first year or will it get canceled as soon as service for internet is canceled?
by kgc » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:11 am
Mahera wrote:Hello everyone.
Will the domain be active till the end of the year?
Yes, you own the domain and could continue to use Sonic as a registrar or transfer it to a different provider. You could also continue to pay for the domain and/or hosting with us as long as you'd like.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by Mahera » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:10 am
Hello.

Sorry for being not more clearly.

What happens when I register a domain now and I decide to take att offer for 50 dollar for two years for a 45MB line and phone. (Almost half what I pay now with sonic).

Can I point my domain to my other server/space and use it till the end of the free year?

Or will the domain be voided as soon as our relationship ends?

Thanks for the help
by joemuller » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:29 pm
Mahera wrote: Can I point my domain to my other server/space and use it till the end of the free year?

Or will the domain be voided as soon as our relationship ends?
Yes, you can cancel connectivity service and keep your account open with just DNS and Registration. Sonic pays for the first year of registration as part of the Personal Hosting deal - once that year is up, you will be charged a yearly renewal fee ($14.95 for most domains) if you choose to keep the domain active.

In order to point the domain to another provider or host, you'll need to keep DNS service, which is currently priced at $1.95/mo. The DNS records can be updated via Member Tools to point wherever you'd like.

If you'd like to keep hosting with Sonic, Personal Hosting is currently $5.95/mo for customers without an Internet connectivity product.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
4 posts Page 1 of 1