Java with Tomcat

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by jsalathe » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:42 am
Hi, I spoke to a tech on the phone today and he said we should now be able to run Java applications on our hosted web server pages. When I look for some documentation of how to do this, it seems like it is not possible.

So, is it possible or not?

Thanks.
by joemuller » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:49 am
Unfortunately, Java and Tomcat are not supported on the regular Sonic web hosting platform. We do offer a "Custom Hosting" solution that allows HTTPS/SSL and some extra extensions to the usual Apache web server, but it is not a dedicated server with root access, which is usually needed for Tomcat applications.

Depending on your needs, another option is to co-locate your own server(s) at Sonic - see the following page for more info:
https://sonic.com/business/colocation

-- Joe M.
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by wcannon » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:40 am
Joe,

Has this changed (Sonic support for Tomcat Web Application hosting)?

Searches show evidence of recent Tomcat activity for versions 7, 8, and 9.

--Wayne
by joemuller » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:36 pm
wcannon wrote: Has this changed (Sonic support for Tomcat Web Application hosting)?

Searches show evidence of recent Tomcat activity for versions 7, 8, and 9.
No change - at this time, Sonic does not offer virtual servers or appliances that would be needed for a Tomcat install. Please feel free to send me a Private Message if you have specific questions, and I'll be happy to answer them.

-- Joe
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
4 posts Page 1 of 1