Problems with port forwarding

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:16 am
Good morning,

I've been trying to get my personal Minecraft server back online for the past couple days since switching to Sonic from AT&T but haven't had much luck. I made exceptions to the server in the router's firewall for TCP and UDP on 25565 and completely disabled the firewall on the server. I can reach the server and log on through its local network connection without a problem but it doesn't show up at all on my public ip. The server.properties file is exactly the same using port 25565 and I have left the ip blank as it frankly hasn't done anything if I had it's local address or not.

To rule out the machine I was using to log on I successfully added the Sonic.net MC server and was able to get in and run around. I used Dinnerbone's server status tool and could see my server was online (until I reset everything) but it still said "Can't connect to server" on my computer. I have tried several different port checkers online and installed software which have all told me port 25565 isn't open despite the router showing the exceptions in the firewall.

Let me know if you need any additional help as I would greatly appreciate help in solving this.

Thank you!

Dave
by Guest » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:27 am
Ah, now the port is being shown as open again and the dinnerbone link is showing it is online. MC still says it can't connect to it with that pessimistic red x to the right. *sigh*

-Dave
by joemuller » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:55 am
Dave,

If you want to send your username and/or static IP via private message, I can take a quick look for you. I and a couple other Systems guys here take care of minecraft.sonic.net, so perhaps we'll find an issue we've seen before.

-- Joe M.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by floppy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:42 pm
You may have an issue similar to what i experienced. See my thread: "Fusion and home hosting: Pace 5268 war story".

cheers,
-floppy
4 posts Page 1 of 1