Blacklisting a "to" email address

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by melursus » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:29 pm
I have multiple domains hosted by Sonic.net. I typically assign one sonic.net email account per domain, set up to receive all emails sent to that domain.

I also tell each business from which I want to receive email to use their business name as the local part of the email address addressed to my domain. This provides me with multiple benefits; the benefit that's relevant to this post involves the ability to detect how a spammer got one of my email addresses.

For example, I told the Fresh Choice email list to use freshchoice as the local part of the email address to which they send promotional emails to me. I no longer receive promotional emails from Fresh Choice, but I now receive spam directed to freshchoice at my domain name. This email address would be a great candidate for a blacklist, but Sonic.net User Tools only allows me to set a blacklist only on content of the From header in received emails. How can I specify a blacklist entry based on content of the To header in received emails? Or, if I can't, are there any plans to add this feature to spam filtering?
by joemuller » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:12 pm
There is definitely a "Blacklist To" option for spam filtering - it's just another menu deep. Here's how to get to it in Member Tools:

Email --> Spam Filtering --> Whitelists / Blacklists --> More Lists (or View All)
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
2 posts Page 1 of 1