Running Huggins PHP email script from sonic

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by cdlcruz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:03 pm
I inherited a website (hosted,I think, on a GoDaddy server) that has a registration form. It calls a Huggins email PHP form on a different server. That server no longer exists. I can't get it to run on the website itself. Can I put the email PHP on my sonic directory, and call it from the other website?

If I can't run it to another website, can I transfer just the registration form to one of my sonic sites and call the Huggins PHP there?

Catherine de la Cruz
by cdkeen » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:58 am
cdlcruz wrote:..I can't get it to run on the website itself. Can I put the email PHP on my sonic directory, and call it from the other website?
The short answer is yes, but the correct answer is you probably shouldn't. The creator(s) of that script have a detailed set of instructions to help you get the script working here: http://www.expression-web-tutorials.com ... -form.html
You can find even more help by searching google with the keywords "Huggins email PHP ". The optimal solution would be to set up the script on the server that is hosting the site and edit the links that point to the non-existent server and replace with the link to your newly installed script. Good luck!
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
by Guest » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:15 pm
Thanks for the reply. You got me thinking in another direction. So I put the form page on one of my own sonic sites, put the Huggins script in the same place, redirected the original page to my new one and expanded the URLs of the images. The last tweak (because AOL is so snarky about accepting formmail) was to alias the recipient from my site to her gmail site ---and it works!

It was you "shouldn't" line that pointed me there. As always, the sonic team came through.
Thank you.
3 posts Page 1 of 1