403 status code

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by jeffryf » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:16 am
I'm migrating my website to WordPress. For e-commerce I'm using wpStoreCart.

The folks at wpStoreCart tell me that importing CSV product files works. But when I attempt to upload the file I get the following message:

Error Code: HTTP Error, File name. Message: 403

Wikipedia tells me that "403 - Forbidden" means that "The request was a legal request, but the server is refusing to respond to it. Unlike a 401 Unauthorized response, authenticating will make no difference".

The string "Error Code: HTTP Error, File name. Message: " is from the following script:

case SWFUpload.UPLOAD_ERROR.HTTP_ERROR: alert("Error Code: HTTP Error, File name. Message: " + message);

The SWFUpload documentation tells me "HTTP_ERROR - The file upload was attempted but the server did not return a 200 status code."--which doesn't say much more.

What can I do on the server side to make this work?
by williamt » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:10 am
Hi Jeffryf,

Can you try again? It seems the flash uploader the script is using is not putting a closing content boundy on the data it is sending. This is causing our security rules to deny access to the script because it thinks it's a possible exploit. I have made a change to our rule set that should hopefully allow your script to work now.

Thanks,
William
Sr. Systems Administrator @ sonic.net
by jeffryf » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:20 am
Hello William,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Unfortunately I still get the 403. Other thoughts?

If there's an explicit problem statement that I can send to the developers, I'm up for doing it.

Jeffry
by jeffryf » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:27 pm
William,

I got your private message but have not clue how to reply to it. So...

Still got 403.

Darn. Thanks.

Jeffry
by dja » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:22 pm
check your permissions, make sure apache (world) can read and/or execute your scripts/files. I usually go with 755 on my web directories. Hope this helps. cheers!
5 posts Page 1 of 1