What happened to managing domain email addresses

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by catambay » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:47 am
The Members page has recently changed, and there is no longer a link to managing email addresses on my hosted domain. I clicked around, and could find no resemblance of the feature. How does one manage their domain email addresses now?
by joemuller » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:37 pm
The link to manage Domain Email should normally be under Email --> Domain Email Addresses. (You can also follow this direct link.)

It looks like one of your domains that has DNS hosted through another provider (GoDaddy) has stopped responding. The Domain Email Addresses tool attempts to check the MX records for each domain on your account to make sure they are pointing at Sonic -- if we don't get a response or they are pointed elsewhere, we omit the domain from available list as a safety precaution. I'd be happy to take a closer look once you have the DNS issue resolved.

-- Joe M
System Operations
Sonic.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by catambay » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:53 pm
Joe,
There is no longer an option "Domain Email Addresses" under "Email". It used to be there, and now it's not. I dropped one domain, but I still have two others that should be there. The problem seems to be more related to a change to the Members page. Again, there is no "Domain Email Addresses" on my members page.
Bill
by brandonc » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:04 pm
Hey there,

I tried checking your member tools account from our end and I still see the Domain Email Address option available for your 2 domains, under "Email > Domain Email Addresses". You can also try clicking the link that Joe posted above to reach the page directly.

I've attached a photo below to help show where it should be located for you on Member Tools.

Attachments

Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by catambay » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:09 pm
I logged out, and I logged back in, and now all the links that disappeared came back. Wish I knew why they were gone all day, but they are there now, so I'm back in business.
by brandonc » Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:12 pm
That's awesome, I'm glad to hear it! 8-)

If you end up noticing any other weirdness, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1