why has my disk quota been slashed?

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by racerlupine » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:23 pm
I have two domains hosted on Sonic. The combined disk quota for my account has been 15GB for several years. Just the other day I was checking my resource usage and discovered my quota is now 12.5GB. WHY?? I have NEVER exceeded my quota -- until Sonic pulled the rug out. There have been no changes to my account, other than a request to move my home internet service to the new apartment I'm moving to. (Which Sonic can't do but that's another story.) Were the events connected? I had to go in and nuke 3GB of content to get safely under the limit, important areas of my site are now broken, and my users are not happy. And this was done with NO WARNING -- just a perfunctory email from Sonic after the fact. (I had discovered and fixed the issue before that email even reached me.)

Can someone please explain what's going on here?

thanks

RACER
by racerlupine » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:27 pm
I just checked it and my disk quota has been slashed again, down to 11.25GB! What is going on here?

RACER
by syntaxsid1 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:54 am
Hello,

We apologize for the confusion about this. Recently, you have removed 3 mailboxes from your account. The total disk usage is decreased by 1.25GB per mailbox removed. This will lower your overall available quota. To keep from going over your quota, you'll want to either delete messages to stay under your new quota ceiling or add additional mailboxes to increase your total storage capacity once more. Your account entitles you to 68 total mailboxes at no additional charge and you are currently only using 2. The more mailboxes you have, the more space you will be allotted. We hope this information helps. Have a good day.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by racerlupine » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:53 am
Jeff,

I have practically memorized the Sonic help pages on hosting but I had no idea the number of mailboxes would affect my disk quota so dramatically (or at all). Thanks for the info.

RACER
4 posts Page 1 of 1