Thanks Dane!

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
1 post Page 1 of 1
by sfjames » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:06 pm
Hey Dane,

Thanks you so very much. A customer for many years, someone who talked you and Sonic up in the NW corner of San Francisco when a lot of people had never heard of you. I know at least a couple of dozen people who got Sonic because I told them that you were better and more responsive to their customers than A,T&T.

You rolled out a fiber solution that did not allow for folks at the residential level to have their own email servers and web servers because it was too much trouble to provision your new fiber service for fixed IP addresses.

I shut down my email server at home after 25 years and moved it to a hosted solution. I went a couple of days ago to ask about moving my static web pages up to sonic and am told I cannot. That is a legacy service.

How nice of you. Now I have to hunt for someplace to park my web pages. The only thing I will be getting from you is a pipe.

It was nice to have full service ISP. Too bad you are going in the opposite direction. It would have been nice if you would have allowed those few of us, by your own comments, who were running our own servers at home to be able to move at lease our web pages up to Sonic. If for no other reason than the choices you made, no doubt on good business reasons, that put us in squeeze in the first place.

Thanks Dane!

James
1 post Page 1 of 1