Re-installing Wordpress

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by hfurby » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:55 pm
Due to so many reasons (out of date website, php, security, blah, blah, blah) I wanted to re-install Wordpress. I've done everything from trying to install unzipped files via FTP server with and without renaming config files to using the "Add ons" built in to Sonic. Nothing has worked and my site is officially dead.

I have cleared cache, used 3 different browsers and rebooted my computer numerous times hoping the gods would be happy.

Can anyone help me with installing wordpress? I know Sonic is moving hosting to legacy, I was just trying to limp along until I can migrate to a new hosting service.

When I try to install Wordpress from the Sonic Addons I get a message reading:
Wordpress could not be set up at the URL and directory you selected.

You can try again in a different directory.
screenshot attached

No other information to troubleshoot. It's a blank directory at this moment. I don't want it under a different directory as that would be the wrong url.

All genius encouraged to reply!

Attachments

by joemuller » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:56 am
Hi Heather,

I think I've fixed the error you were seeing - please try using the Install Wordpress tool again. In short, the system still had record of the original Wordpress install and database - I went ahead and removed those, which should give you a clean slate to start from again.

-- Joe M
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by hfurby » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:33 pm
Yes. That worked, thank you. I'm refraining from posting something sarcastic as to why tech support would not help me with this when I called/texted and told me to turn to the forum for community help. In the meantime, I think I found a new host so most likely will not rebuild twice. Cheers!
by amayfield » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:10 am
Sorry about that! It is something support should have assisted with, I've made a training report for the representative you interacted with so we can get them trained up on this so we can avoid these kinds of situations in the future.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1