where my kilobytes are going

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by racerlupine » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:26 am
Looking at my Webalizer page I note that only about 6% of my kilobytes are going out to my authorized (i.e. logged on via .htaccess) users. The rest are going...well I'd like to know where. Authorized credentials are required to access pretty much all of my site. There really should not be significant kilobytes going out to the public. Could it all be just bot traffic? Endless 401s and 404s?

I run a little Apache server on a box in my home and the raw logs tell me the IP of every transaction the server processes, along with (among other items) the resource served, result code, user (if any), agent, and kilobytes. How can I get those data out of my Sonic site? As opposed to a Webalizer summary.

thanks

RACER
by racerlupine » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:35 am
Looking again I see that about 75% of my kilobytes are going to useragents known to me so that's a relief. I'm curious about the (apparent) discrepancy between authorized users kilobytes and useragent kilobytes.

thanks

RACER
2 posts Page 1 of 1