Form fails to send email due to wrong PHP on server

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by twizkids » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:55 pm
I'm using a form from Adobe Muse that should send an email to me after the submit button is pushes. Unfortunately, it fails and says there was an error on the server side. FTP upload of the website also returns the following error; 1 Warning
PHP mail may be disabled or incorrectly configured on the web server. Submitted forms may fail to send email. Contact your hosting provider or website administrator about proper PHP mail configuration.

I have emailed tech support but they sent me here. Ideas? Thanks, anyone.

-Jain (and Alejandro)
by scott » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:01 am
twizkids wrote:I'm using a form from Adobe Muse that should send an email to me after the submit button is pushes. Unfortunately, it fails and says there was an error on the server side. FTP upload of the website also returns the following error; 1 Warning
PHP mail may be disabled or incorrectly configured on the web server. Submitted forms may fail to send email. Contact your hosting provider or website administrator about proper PHP mail configuration.

I have emailed tech support but they sent me here. Ideas? Thanks, anyone.

-Jain (and Alejandro)
Never worked with Adobe Muse myself, so not sure what it requires. I did come across this notice:

https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/adobe-m ... rvice.html

...so it might be tough to get any kind of human support out of Adobe.

Anyway, we have multiple versions of PHP (including PHP7) on the web cluster, is there a specific one you need to run this?

Just in case PHP7 will do the trick, selecting the version of PHP to run for a web site is handled in the website's .htaccess file, which lives in the top-level directory of your website.

It needs the following directives:

Code: Select all

Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php7
AddHandler php-cgi .php
Hopefully that does it. :) Please let us know one way or another if that works.

-Scott
2 posts Page 1 of 1