Can't Create New HTML Files After SSL Certificate

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by lchapman » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:37 am
Hi Sonic team,

Because the conversion from PHP 5 to PHP 7 completely screwed up our php files, I've decided to rewrite those files into html.

However I immediately noticed a new problem. Any new html file I created after the SSL certificate was created, just turns the file to "404" not found.

For example. I created asbl.com/videofiles.html and there is the error.

asbl.com/pressroom.html still works, as it was a file that was there before the conversion.

Please fix this issue so I can create new html files. Thank you
by lchapman » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:22 am
Update: It appears that any changes I do to currently existing html files do not reflect on the page anymore, as if the pages were locked.

What on earth is going on!?
by joemuller » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:18 pm
Hi Lloyd,

I see that your website was recently upgraded to Custom Hosting - for uploading files, you need to connect directly to the site using SFTP. I've also sent you an email with additional instructions on any differences that happened during the switchover of the site.

-- Joe M.
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by lchapman » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:37 am
I already connect with sftp. Connecting to the server and transferring files to-and-from is not my issue.

The issue is, after I connect to the server and create a new web page, any new page I create does not get rendered by the browser. The only pages that do render on the browser are the ones which were created before the SSL switch. And those pages in question cannot be edited, even if the code in HTML changes. Image

I did not get your email. Please send it to rbrownlie@asbl.com, thank you
by joemuller » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:55 am
You have to connect directly to the domain - if it's for asbl.com, point Filezilla at asbl.com using username 'admin' and the password for the lchapman account. You can also connect using SSH to the same host if you are comfortable with working in a shell.

-- Joe M.
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by lchapman » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:46 pm
Thank you! The issues have now been resolved.
6 posts Page 1 of 1