reversing one-click

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by hmarantz » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:49 pm
Using the mini hosting on my account, I chose the one-click wordpress installation. I now want to manually install wordpress and associated db. So, how do I do that?
Thanks
by joemuller » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:07 pm
Hi, you can delete website files to remove the Wordpress installation (for your site, it looks like it was in the 'wp' directory). In order to remove the database that was automatically created, you'll need to email our support team and ask that they remove your Wordpress One-Click install.

Please note that a limited number of databases are included free with all Hosting options *except* Mini Hosting. That means you may want to take advantage of Personal Hosting if you haven't already for your account.

In case you want to manually set up Wordpress on Sonic, you'll need to do the following:
1.) Download the latest copy of Wordpress from their website.
2.) Unzip and copy the contents of the 'wordpress' folder to the top ('webroot') folder of your website.
3.) Create a new MySQL database via Member Tools (here) and save the login information somewhere safe. You'll need the database name, the server name, and the '-all' user and password to finish setting up Wordpress.
4.) Point your web browser at the URL for your website and follow the setup instructions.

I recommend taking a quick look over the Install Guide on the Wordpress website for further details.

-- Joe
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
2 posts Page 1 of 1