PHP Multibyte Regex Functions

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by yogawood » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:12 pm
Hello:

I recently upgraded my client's website's PHP to 7.4.3 from 5.6, and the Layerslider plugin (WordPress) threw the following error..

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_eregi()

I was advised that I needed to enable PHP Multibyte Regex Functions on my server. Sonic Tech Support was not able to help. How do I do this?

Thanks,

Ned Alpert
ned@curlytopdesign.com
by yogawood » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:33 am
Hello:

In the Layerslider System Status, the following appears:

PHP Multibyte Regex Functions:
Disabled

The lack of PHP “mbregex” module can lead to unexpected issues. Contact your server hosting provider and ask them to install/enable this module.

Here is the Config Command from the phpinfo():

'./configure' '--with-zlib' '--disable-mbregex[' '--enable-sockets' '--prefix=/opt/php7' '--enable-opcache=no' '--without-iconv' '--disable-ipv6' '--with-curl' '--with-openssl' '--enable-bcmath=shared' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-soap=shared' '--enable-gd' '--with-pspell' '--with-mhash' '--with-tidy' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gettext' '--with-freetype' '--enable-exif=shared' '--enable-mbstring=shared' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-xsl' '--with-libxml' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared,mysqlnd' '--with-mysqli=shared,mysqlnd' 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/sqlite-3.31.1/lib/pkgconfig/:/opt/zlib-1.2.8/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/libxml2-2.9.6/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/openssl-1.0.2h/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/curl-7.49.1/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/freetype-2.3.5/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/libxslt-1.1.28/lib/pkgconfig'

I am hoping you can enable the mbregex module for me -- please advise! BTW, I disabled the slider and upgraded to Php 7.4.3 for better performance and security, although the client would like having the slider back!

Thanks, Ned
2 posts Page 1 of 1