PHP7

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
40 posts Page 1 of 4
by cclc » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:26 pm
I was informed by support that the proper way to request a PHP7 upgrade was to post in the hosting forum. Can you please update cclc's hosting account to PHP7?

BTW, PHP5 has been completely out of support since 12/31/18, almost an entire year. You really shouldn't have anything on the Internet using PHP5....
by mollyf » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:25 pm
I, too, am stalking this forum waiting for PHP7. Please make this a priority.
by zenshaman » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:50 pm
Im also wanting to know about the php update. im using wordpress for my site, and its bugging the crap outta me to update php to, some level or other, i forget now, but it needs uipdating....any response would be awesome! btw, im digging sonic....i support small business, and other artists.....
by mollyf » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:39 am
Sonic what is your ETA for PHP7? What's the holdup?

I do not want to migrate my customers to another hosting provider, but I am concerned about the security of their WordPress sites. Isn't this an issue for all of your shared hosting customers?

PHP 5.6 stopped receiving active support on January 19, 2017 and has now moved onto the critical security phase.These security updates ended on December 31, 2018.
php-supported-versions.png
php-supported-versions.png (175.43 KiB) Viewed 13627 times
by kcfphoto » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:14 am
Dear Sonic,

I have been a proud member since 1995. Please provide an explanation as to why you can't or won't update PHP or better yet provide an ETA? After my site being down for nearly a week, I am now having to look at another hosting option.
by valis » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:30 am
***BUMP***

The end of 2019 has come and gone, where is PHP 7? I'm trying to set up a new Wordpress site with WooCommerce and it won't work with the current PHP 5.6

Thanks,
Paul
by mollyf » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:57 am
Sonic, please either address the non-update here or give your support crew an actual answer to relay to customers who phone up asking about PHP7. I was told to "go on the Forum" yesterday LOL
by Paul » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:40 am
mollyf wrote: I was told to "go on the Forum" yesterday LOL
So was I, on Monday. On the phone, the tech support person promised to forward my questions up the chain. The person who might know more about the PHP schedule was out of the office, but supposed to be back in yesterday. No answer yet.

In the meantime I signed up with BlueHost. They seem to be focusing on Wordpress sites and do have updated PHP. The 1-year introductory signup rate is pretty attractive.

Which is a shame, since I would like to give Sonic the new business. I've been a customer for a very long time.
by valis » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:12 pm
Another Monday come and gone, and still no response. Clue for Sonic: Even "we don't know" is better than silence.
by tikvah » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:11 am
I don't know what's going on. When I complained a few months ago about this issue, pointing out that I have multiple Wordpress sites and don't want to have to do this manually, a staff person upgraded them all for me. Acting like it was a huge favor for a valued customer. Something that used to be automatic.

And now they're all out of date again and I can't upgrade all my plug-ins.

Sonic once made one of my sites dark for days because a hacker had done something or other (on the backend, not visible in the site). And Sonic blamed me for it. The tech folks lectured me endlessly because I had allowed my plug-ins to get a month or two out of date and this allowed the hacker access.

And now Sonic is forcing all Wordpress sites to be far more out of date and vulnerable.

You know, if you want to get rid of all your hosting customers, there are better ways—more honest ways—than this.
40 posts Page 1 of 4