Wordpress database install options

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by ijuly » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:16 pm
I recently activated personal web hosting and a custom domain through Sonic. I want to use Wordpress, but got an error message when trying to install via the one-click method in the member Tools/Websites/Website Add One. So I used FTP to install Wordpress (WP) 5 into nfs/WWW_pages/<myusername>. The WP install looks fine, but I need to edit the wp-config-sample.php file to direct towards the database.

It looks like I have the option to install a MySQL 5.5 database for $10 a month - is that the only option for personal hosting and WP?

--Irene
by joemuller » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:26 am
Hi Irene,

It looks like something went slightly wrong behind-the-scenes when you tried the Wordpress One-click install - for some odd reason, the database that was created alongside (see wp-config.php for details) was empty! I've performed a clean One-click install which should be ready for you to start using - you should be able to continue setting up the site if you navigate over to your domain.

-- Joe
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by ijuly » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:59 pm
Thanks for looking into this Joe, AND for solving the issue! Much appreciated!
3 posts Page 1 of 1