prob with mySQL database connection

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
by demet » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:55 pm
ccc
by augie » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:54 pm
Your MySQL instance will note work with "outside" connections, you must use the MySQL database from our web servers through your hosting package, or via the command line on shell.sonic.net.
by demet » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:55 pm
thanks augie. i think i managed to get through that problem by manually editing the conf.php file...
my installation was 'successful' but i still cannot login... i get a database connection error. the software troubleshooting says this:

If you find that you cannot login after a successful installation of Director, it is more than likely because of PHP's session_save_path. Some hosts require that you save session information in a specific place, which is specified by the session_save_path setting in PHP. Contact your host to find out what session save path to use, then add this to config/user_setup.php:

session_save_path('/path/they/give/you');

does this make sense to you, can you tell me what the path would be right to enter.
thanks!
by demet » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:50 am
ccc
by augie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:42 pm
I'm pretty sure this is a problem on our side, possibly with the MySQL libraries on the hosting servers, let me see what I can do.
by demet » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:21 pm
ok thanks!
by jond » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:15 pm
Hmm, this error from php appears to be similar to my perl connect error in perl:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Bad handshake in /nfs/www/WWW_pages/demet/felizpalomagonzalez.com/slideshowpro/mysql_test.php on line 4
by augie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:24 am
demet, do you know if your application works with PHP5, we believe if you run it under PHP5 instead of PHP4 it will just work:

https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Php5

We're working on getting the PHP4 libraries to work with the newer version of MySQL, but you should probably be using PHP5 anyway.

Let me know if that helps, or if we can help further.
by demet » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:58 am
thanks augie
i forwarded your message to the SlideshowPRO support and this was the response:
>>>
Yes, it works fine on PHP5.
<<<
??? any suggestions on what i can do from here... i may try to reinstall yet again...?
thanks.
by augie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:48 am
Try now:

http://demet.users.sonic.net/felizpalom ... l_test.php

"Connected successfully to the host, trying to connect to the database...
Connected successfully to the database."
11 posts Page 1 of 2