Custom Hosting Access to SFTP

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by strozzi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:41 pm
After I was instructed by customer service to change the IP address of the A Record so that it points to the secure server, four hours later some links to downloadable word docs work but others are broken. Content changes made a couple of weeks ago are no longer there. What's happening and what can be done to fix this?
by joemuller » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:30 am
Chances are that the copy of the site at your new IP is different from the old one. This is usually due to uploading new/changed files to the old site, but not the new one. I recommend checking if any files that on the new site are older than those on the old (non-custom hosting) site.

It is important to note that you have to connect via SFTP to your new IP - the files are separate from those that show up when you connect to ftp.sonic.net.

If you have a specific issue, please contact customer support - they will be able to relay the request to Operations.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by strozzi » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:55 pm
Sonic hosts our emails but we also use G Suite for Google calendar and Google Drive. Is there a way to have the MX records ALSO send emails to Google (without using Sonic's email forwarding)?
3 posts Page 1 of 1