Security Based Web Hosting Site(s)?

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by taryfast » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:52 pm
Can anyone recommend a web hosting service that maintains their data security as well as Dane's Sonic.net?
by colinr » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:44 pm
Yes i'd be interested to know as well.

I'm ready to jump ship - these folks won't make the simple fix to remove the 'Not Secure' mention on the websites i host.
by taryfast » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:56 pm
I'm personally NOT interested in "jumping ship" as I don't think that there is a more secure ISP in the US than Sonic.net. The reason that I'd like to know of other security conscience ISPs is because Sonic has stopped accepting new people seeking some of their services.
by colinr » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:17 pm
According to my internet savvy friend she recommends dreamhost.com out of southern california. I would have preferred something more local but that seems like a solid option.
by taryfast » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:09 pm
Thanks for the lead! I'll have my friend(s) look into it.

Terry Sneller
www.cloudbyteconsulting.com
by ngufra » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:19 am
I use hostdime.
They are in florida and califonria and many countries.

I cannot find the pricing on their website but in my account I have plan HW1. Pricing is $495 for 3 years.
I used to use have hasweb plan before they stopped doing it and forced me to move to their HW1 plan.
Managed with cpanel.
Cpanel interface, protected with 2FA (I used google anthenticator)
Unlimited emails accounts, unmetered bandwidth, unlimited domains, 500 GB storage, 100,000 inodes.
zone editor, ssh access, ssl, softaculous app installer (wordpress, joomla, photo galleries etc)
Support via chat (works well. they can and are willing to help) protected by a pin.

Not the cheapest but like everything you get what you pay for. if it's free, it's what it it's worth.
6 posts Page 1 of 1