No More Receipts? Must Log In?

General discussions and other topics.
20 posts Page 2 of 2
by CarolDelton » Thu May 23, 2019 10:13 pm
I am apparently not the only one who finds this "upgrade" to be a downgrade. I am not focusing on the look of the emails but the content. The previous emails informed me what the charge was going to be ....and that helped me know it was correct. The new system forces me to take more time (waste my time) to get the same information.

Beyond that, the exchange with the customer service representative who answered the email I sent to the billing department was another example of customer nonservice. I requested he forward my comments to Dane and he told me me I had to log in to the forum and post here.

Sonic, what are you doing? Please think about this from the an information perspective and the customer's point of view.
by virtualmike » Fri May 24, 2019 10:35 pm
dane wrote:So, we developed a new PDF-based invoice that's easier to read and understand...
So, could the PDF invoice be attached to the billing notification?
by elizturn » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:59 pm
I agree about the inconvenience of the new no email receipt. Dane's rationale deflects the issue. Email statement clarity has nothing to do with eliminating it altogether. We've always had the option of downloading or saving the statement to our devices in a place other than the email app. So downloading whatever after having to sign into our accounts isn't better.

It is like having to go into the store to get a receipt when we should have gotten one at the time of purchase.

Expanding a business, Sonic, can be complicated, but this is a tarnish on the pride sonic takes on its customer service.

I vote to reinstate the email statement. That would be super helpful and would save some time in my day. Time is money.
by elizturn » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:01 pm
For some reason the post displays in the right column that I joined sonic August 2, 2019. That is incorrect. I joined sonic, nearly 10 years ago.
by tikvah » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:01 pm
Could Sonic staff please confirm that this issue is being worked on? As opposed to being ignored. It's a very serious problem. Especially awful for those of us with multiple un-joined accounts. One of mine is for a nonprofit (so it can't and shouldn't be connected to my personal accounts) and I need to monitor any expenses other board members might incur.

Having to log into multiple accounts every month is completely unreasonable, when all I want is to quickly scan the invoice for anomalies and file it away. It's not like Sonic is the only online bill I get every month either.

Honestly, I can't see any reason not to include invoice information in a private email to a customer. There are no privacy concerns (if there are, the customer needs to switch to a more private address), no software issues (because you used to do it), and it doesn't save Sonic any time or money (in fact it costs Sonic because they get more calls and emails to support about it).

The best reason Sonic can come up with is that the new version is prettier (or "more professional" whatever that means). Even if that were true (it's not; they're about the same), it's a bad reason to ruin functionality. It's not hard to design invoices to be pretty, professional, and functional. Either there's something else going on you're hiding or someone really dropped the ball here. No matter what it is, please just fix it!
by racerlupine » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:28 pm
I'm adding my $0.02 to the invoice issue and I agree that the new policy is absurd. It just makes no sense. I read Dane's post in this thread and I remain unconvinced. Instead of telling me how Sonic is doing this for my benefit I'd like to hear them tell me how it benefits THEM.

thanks

RACER
by ankh » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:23 am
My elderly neighbor just asked me why her Sonic bill is $10 higher this month.
I convinced her to switch from Comcast a few months ago, so I'm responsible.

What's the extra cost, and where can she find the detail on what she's being charged?

Yeah, I'll email the same question to Support (sigh)
by tikvah » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:59 am
Sonic staff please respond with your plan for fixing this poorly thought out design. Please be sure to include a timeline. Thank you.
by ankh » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:32 pm
I got an answer from Support about how my elderly neighbor can find out why her bill went up $10.
She has only been a Sonic customer for a few months, but they said she'd probably been a customer for a year and a $10 discount had just expired.

Nope, wasn't that. She will have to look it up.

They wrote:
We send a copy of the invoice to the email address on file on a monthly basis.
Nope. Update needed in the Support copy'n'paste files.
by rtrinh » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:38 pm
Not sure when it was changed but I just noticed the payment scheduled email for December had the pdf invoice attached.

This is good. Don't change it Sonic.
20 posts Page 2 of 2