Customer Service

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by facemelt » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:14 pm
Hi!

I have an odd request and maybe one that cannot be addressed. I have received nothing but fantastic support from everyone at sonic. Every encounter was dealt with in the most professional matter. I'm curious, as a new employee, how does one get to be like this? Do you provide training in house? Is there somewhere online/nearby that you outsource this to? I just would love to exhibit the same qualities you all have in my own job (I work at a helpdesk). Most places online are selling snakeoil or highstakes sales, neither of which I am interested in. Care to share some of your secret sauce? Either way Rock on and thanks for the awesome service!

Sean C (facemelt)
by thulsa_doom » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:55 pm
We love hearing feedback like that!

All job applicants are screened by a crack squad of clever people that try to identify candidates that are already well-suited to our office environment and the nature of the work load. After clearing a couple of interviews and a written test (complete with a couple trick questions that entertain us greatly), our customer service candidates are sent to a himalayan monastery where they are steeped in the lore and traditions of our kung-fu. Once they can walk across rice-paper without breaking its surface, calm a frightened yak with a word, and identify an overactive antivirus program though a mail log, they are released back into the world serene, benevolent, possessed of terrible power.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by klui » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:13 pm
thulsa_doom wrote:our customer service candidates are sent to a himalayan monastery where they are steeped in the lore and traditions of our kung-fu.
Sounds like off-shoring.
by thulsa_doom » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:26 am
Zing.

Alas, our reps are all USDA free-range organically-grown free-range customer service magicians residing in Northern California.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
4 posts Page 1 of 1