AT&T says they'll block sites - can that stop Sonic custmrs?

General discussions and other topics.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by tbessie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:19 pm
Hey all...

I saw this today:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57532 ... &tag=title

Since Sonic is running their service via some AT&T equipment, will AT&T be able to impose their will on Sonic with regards to these limitations?

- Tim
by jkerr » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:35 pm
This will not affect customers that are on our leased legacy product. The traffic terminates on our network not AT&T's so they cannot track what your activity is on the circuit nor can they selectively block traffic in that regard.
by tbessie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:42 pm
jkerr wrote:This will not affect customers that are on our leased legacy product. The traffic terminates on our network not AT&T's so they cannot track what your activity is on the circuit nor can they selectively block traffic in that regard.
Well, I have Fusion DSL, and am currently upgrading to Bonded Fusion DSL.

Are those considered "leased legacy products"?

- Tim
by klui » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:33 pm
tbessie wrote:Well, I have Fusion DSL, and am currently upgrading to Bonded Fusion DSL.

Sonic leased legacy products refer to ADSL1, not Fusion.
by tbessie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:49 pm
klui wrote:
tbessie wrote:Well, I have Fusion DSL, and am currently upgrading to Bonded Fusion DSL.

Sonic leased legacy products refer to ADSL1, not Fusion.
Ah... so this means that Fusion accounts are subject to filtering/blocking/bandwidth-limiting by AT&T?

Or, if not, to what degree can AT&T limit my use of my Sonic Bonded Fusion account? What can they filter, what can they see, what can they limit?

It would be scary to know that AT&T can do an end-run around all the privacy and openness rules that Sonic has in place.

- Tim
by dane » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:14 am
AT&T's actions with regards to their customers have no impact in any way on Sonic.net and its customers. This applies equally to our older AT&T line-shared ADSL1 service, and our newer facilities-based Sonic Telecom ADSL2+ Fusion service.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by tbessie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:27 am
dane wrote:AT&T's actions with regards to their customers have no impact in any way on Sonic.net and its customers. This applies equally to our older AT&T line-shared ADSL1 service, and our newer facilities-based Sonic Telecom ADSL2+ Fusion service.
Thanks for clarifying that Dane!

- Tim
7 posts Page 1 of 1