Cancelling account for sonic is a nightmare

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by ggolter » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:07 pm
Hello,

I opened account for my relatives under my name but their address. They don't speak english and are on disability income.

The reps on the phone refuse to cancel account regardless of what I try to do. About 3 weeks ago I removed credit card from the account to prevent auto billing. So from my perspective account is cancelled, as you won't get paid. Today I was asked to open up email which was again under their name, and read back the confirmation code. So I had to walk my relatives through the process (in Russian ) to read that code back and call again, only to find out that it is not correct code. Right now I asked to speak to the supervisors to cancel the account.
by ggolter » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:23 pm
I added a second email to this account. Please fwd the cancel code to both emails.
by jacob.karinen » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:16 am
I'm sorry you've had a difficult time canceling your service. When someone tries to cancel service we need to verify they are the account owner or an admin on the account otherwise it would allow people to cancel other peoples utility service. There's currently an escalation in place and once a supervisor has the gathered information and a game plan they'll be reaching out to you to help get this resolved. Again I apologize for the delay but these requirements are put in place for our customer's protection.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1