what is Sonic's ownership structure?

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by xin2xin@sonic.net » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:23 pm
A friend who lives in Oakmont told me that her Direct TV installer told her that Sonic is owned by ATT. I am pretty sure that is not true. ATT might own the lines over which Sonic is delivered but it doesn't "own Sonic," does it?
by dane » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:42 pm
xin2xin@sonic.net wrote:A friend who lives in Oakmont told me that her Direct TV installer told her that Sonic is owned by ATT. I am pretty sure that is not true. ATT might own the lines over which Sonic is delivered but it doesn't "own Sonic," does it?
Sonic is an independent and privately held company. It was Co-Founded by myself and Scott Doty, in 1994. We are a certificated public telecommunications utility, as well as an ISP. And I'll point out that we were an ISP long long before Pacific Bell ever got into the ISP business.

Perhaps an AT&T/DirecTV employee might not be able to fathom how a smaller upstart competitive local exchange carrier could exist, or perhaps they're simply trying to sow confusion in order to sell on on their fat bundle of products. But either way, don't be fooled, Sonic stands alone!

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_(ISP)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1