Unable to read incoming fax on android phone

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by sshalit » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:45 am
Received faxes open up no problem on the pc. However when received on the android phone, they do not open - instead I get a message that the file is corrupted. I have tried Adobe reader for android and PDF Reader for android with no luck. I called Adobe since I am an acrobat user & was told that the problem originates with sonic. Please help, I need to be able to open the faxes while away from the pc - Thanks!
by sshalit » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:19 pm
No one replied so out of desperation I figured out the solution myself. & it is rather a pain but it works: 1. Save the received fax to "downloads" folder which is on the android phone, I believe by default. 2. Rename the file by adding ".pdf" to it. It will now open with a .pdf reader. :idea: :idea:
by kgc » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:41 pm
Sorry for not replying sooner but I just got around to testing this on my Droid3. Using k9-mail and opening the attachment with both QuickOffice and the Kindle app works fine for me without having to save and rename. What client are you using?
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
3 posts Page 1 of 1