How can I organize emails by date in computer file?

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by annekeck » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:06 pm
I would like to copy a managed email file onto my computer (so I can ultimately remove the file from Sonic's server as I am taking up too much space). The only way I know how to do so is by hitting control@, which copies all of the emails in a managed file. I then paste them into a computer file (Microsoft), which then organizes them alphabetically by subject line. All of the dates of the emails show as the date of copying, so I cannot re-organize them by date.
Does anyone know how I can copy and paste into a computer file all emails in a managed Sonic folder so that they are organized by date they were sent/received? Any assistance would be appreciated - thanks!
by jacob.karinen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:31 am
Hello,

It might be easier using a mail client on your computer to download the emails via POP3. POP3, Post office Protocol, downloads the emails from the server and sets it to auto delete after x amount of days. You would then be able to access and organize directly through the mail client. They would not be accessible from other devices unless you set that up through other means.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1